Key Realty Policy Manual
Key Brand Guidelines
National & State Laws
Key World 2.0 Resources
Region Specific Resources
Promotional Sweepstakes, Giveaways & Contests
Important rules must be followed. Each sweepstake or giveaway must have "official rules" and they should be easy to find. Having a link to the rules in an easy to find and conspicuous place not only helps people find them, it also encourages people to read them.
Official rules must always include:
- “No purchase necessary.”
- The alternative method of free participation
- Geographic area of the sweepstakes and/or who is eligible to participate in the sweepstakes.
- Opening date and scheduled termination date of the sweepstakes.
- Name and address of the contest sponsor & promoter
- Number of prizes, the accurate description of each prize, the retail value of each prize and the odds of winning each type of prize.
- Whether all prizes offered will be awarded and how the prizes will be awarded.
- Manner of selection of winners and when a determination of winners will be made.
- Where and when a list of winners can be obtained.
Of course there are other disclosures that should be made such as signing of releases, restrictions and misdirected entries. But if you hit the minimum, there is some compliance and protection.
One other aspect of the official rules is that once published, they must be followed exactly.