Quick Access Bookmark: ComingtoKey.com
Preparing to Transfer Your License
Ohio Real Estate License Transfer Requirements & Process
Ohio Cost Summary
Preparing to Transfer Your License to Key
coaching regarding listings and pending transactions
- Time out your listings: Let them expire
- Pending transactions - try to close before moving
- Refer to your independent contractor agreement and/or your companies policy and procedure manual for details about how the company handles listings and sales when an agent leaves.
- The Ohio Division of Real Estate says if there IS NOT clearly defined policy, then the broker is obligated to pay the agent as they would have normally been paid.
- Avoid Data Mining: Download and remove your contacts/clients from your company CRM/database.
Notify Your Current Broker
We recommend you always try and leave on good terms. The following dialog is a great example:
Ohio Real Estate License Transfer Requirements & Process
Step 1: Complete the Transfer/Reactivation Application
1.) Completed Salesperson Transfer/Reactivation Application (.pdf application download)
2.) Check for $34 payable to "Ohio Division of Real Estate"
3.) Send to the Ohio Division of Real Estate (2 Options):
via Mail or Walk-In
6606 Tussing Road
P.O Box 4008
Reynoldsburg, OH 43068
1.) Visit the Ohio Division of Real Estate e-license center at https://elicense3.com.ohio.gov and follow the instructions for transfer application.
**Salesperson Transfer instructions located here
• (Check Ohio Licensing Center to find your license status)
Estimated Cost Summary:
• Transfer Fee: $34
• New Business Cards and Signs: $100-300
Michigan Real Estate License Transfer Requirements
Step 1: Log in to MiPLUS and complete the license transfer process.
Instructions can be found here on how to transfer your Michigan Real Estate License Online
Key Realty Michigan Broker #: 6505366134
Michigan Cost Summary
Hondros College Key Realty Set For Success Package - $236
Exam Application - $88
PSI Exam Fee - $79
Board and MLS Start-Up Fees - Up to $1,500
Key Realty Administrative Fee - $249
Business Cards, Signs and Lockboxes - $100-300
TOTAL ESTIMATED START UP COST: $2,400
Education & Training
- Admin and Sales Orientation (2-3 Hours)
- Business Planning (1-2 Hours )
- Fresh Start (Four 3-Hour Classes: From Day 1 in real estate to your 1st Closing)
- Key Education Series (20 2-Hour Classes: Everything you need to know to become a successful real estate agent! )
- Click here to find the Events Calendar in your region
Additional Education and Information Resources
- Free Online Video Continuing Education
- Knowledge Base Training
- Key Design Center
- Keyworld 2.0
Fresh Start Classes
Fresh Start Part 1: Everything you need to become effective for your clients in Real Estate
- Help you create the mindset of a business owner
- Integrity Selling - In your product, your industry, your company and in yourself.
- 4 Business Models - with the Social Sphere of Prospecting and Lead Generation.
- Dialogs -The Goal is the Appointment, Buyer & Seller appointment dialogs.
- Specific scripts & dialogs for conversations
- Set up systems to manage your business profitably
- Manage your database to close more deals
- Prospect in a seller's market to find buyers & sellers
- Listing Presentation - Virtual Tours, Brochures & Signage, MLS, Websites, Comparative Market Analysis & flyers.
- Client Services Portfolio Presentation - What is the best way to find properties and financing - Free One Stop Shopping
Fresh Start Part 2: Using Key Tools to Build a Successful Business
- How to avoid pitfalls and lawsuits with today's complex transactions
- How to fill out contracts & negotiating offers
- Interacting with the Board of REALTORS
- Communication expectations
- Key Realty Website and Tools Tour
- Dotloop & CRM Training - Learning how to use these tools to build your business!
Key Education Series Classes1. Client Protection & Risk Reduction
2. Listing Presentations
4. Selling with Personality
5. Dealing With Difficult People
6. Time Investment & Management
7. Buying vs Renting
8. Call Conversion
9. Showing & Selling Houses
10. Property Evaluation
11. The 10 Keys
12. Hot Market Marketing
13. Prospecting & Expired’s
15. Geographic Farming
16. Objections 1 - Create breaking points in Presentation
17. Objections 2
18. Objections 3
20. Financing Alternatives
List of the Available Key CE Classes (Each Class is 2 hours of CE Credit)
10 Keys for Agents
Buying vs Renting
Dealing with Difficult People
Hot Market Marketing
Investment/Investor Real Estate
Purchaser's Showing and Selling Homes
Real Estate Math
The Wealthy Realtor
Why Do You Pay Taxes?
• Annual Company Dollar Cap
Three ways to pay:
50/50: Commissions are split 50%/50% with the agent and company until the annual cap is paid. The agent will then receive 100% of their commission until their next anniversary date.
Key Monthly: The agent pays a monthly fee on the 1st of each month and receives 100% of their commissions.
Key Yearly: The agent makes a one-time payment and receives 100% of their commissions until their next anniversary date.
The agent's "Anniversary Date" is the date the agent joins Key Realty. We use this anniversary date to determine the reset day of the agent's commission cap program. If you are on the 50/50 plan, your commission cap balance does not carry over.
Annual Agent Renewal Fee (AAR) $249
The annual agent renewal fee is paid each year in February.
What's Included in the Annual Cap?
Errors and Omissions Insurance Included
Lead Program powered by Opcity, RocketLoans & Sirva
NO MONTHLY FEES
100% Commission Model
One on One Mentoring, Coaching & Business Planning
Award-Winning Brokers & Manager Coaching
BrokerSumo - Commission Tracking
Electronic Direct Deposits and Disbursement- Faster and Easier
Dotloop Premium E-signature Paperwork Platform
Key Design Center
Personal Website with IDX
Agent Resource Center
The Knowledge Base - Google for Real Estate
Move Easy - 24/7 Client Concierge Service
Broker Sumo Pay Systems
After Hours Events
Cedar Point Day
21 Locations Covering Ohio, Michigan, Utah and Florida
Over 1,300+ Agents and Staff
11,491 Transactions in 2021
One of the Top 25 Independent Brokerages in the US
Top Producing Nationally Recognized Company
• Other Fees? Nope!
At Key, we believe in providing agents with one of the best value packages in the industry without overloading them with extra hidden costs and fees. That's why we simply DO NOT charge them.
EZ-Exit Agreement: If at any time you decide to leave Key Realty, you will leave with your leads, your listings, and your money.
- The 10 Keys - Who we are, what we teach, how we live
- Average Key Income - 70% higher than the national average
- Key agents make 41% more money from every closing
- 40 Management and Support Staff
- 21 Locations and Growing!
- 1,300+ agents and staff
- 11,000+ homes sold in 2021
- Billion-dollar company - $1,700,000,000.00 in Volume
- Over $66,000,000.00 in commission income
- Free Leads - 400 Transactions - $49,000,000.00 volume
- #25 Independent Brokerage in the United States (RealTrends Ranking One of the fastest-growing companies in real estate
- The Key Guarantee - Our Promises in Writing
- Our Mission Statement
- Agent Testimonials - Our Agent's Stories
- Key Support
- Key Realty Agent Policy Manual